Services for Your Family
My services are tailored to the individual needs of my clients. I help families communicate with each other so that everyone is kept abreast of the ever-changing situation and can offer (or be asked for) their help to the primary family caregiver. I also assist families with transitions such as accepting help in the home or moving a relative to residential care. We begin with an initial in-depth consultation to assess the needs of both the person with dementia and the concerned family caregivers. Because each situation is different, each set of solutions and recommendations is tailored to the family and care recipient. As needs change, we can address these changes so that care recommendations stay current with and support the changing needs of families, caregivers, and care recipients. This one time consultation service is for those who need help with a current situation or emergent challenge. Families use my expertise and the program I help them devise to make the needed changes themselves with little further support.
The in-depth interview costs $95.00, lasts about an hour and we will cover the following topics as needed:
- Stage of dementia that has been reached
- Stress level of the caregiving family
- Resources that might already be in place
- Your family's caregiving goals
- Support from family and other close relationships
- The goals of the person with dementia
- Conflicts that might exist between everyone involved
- Medical power of attorney, power of attorney, (or other guardianship)
- Will, living will, care recipient's end of life wishes
- Safety factors (driving, in home, dangerous materials such as guns, wandering, chemicals, etc)
- Financial issues
- Distance issues
The second type of service is as needed support. In this case, after the initial consultation, I am available to resume working with families to help them overcome an unexpected or new challenge. In other words, fine tuning - adapting to the various changes in circumstances.
- Fine Tuning - $45.00
- Major changes - $80.00
The third type of service I offer is more of a research service. Highly specialized, I will help you locate and evaluate appropriate healthcare professionals (such as doctors, naturopaths, homeopaths, etc) financial and legal services, in-home agencies, community programs (including state and local programs) and residential care homes. This service is at present charged on an hourly basis at a rate of $60.00 per hour in 15 minute increments.
- Home Care agencies
- Rehab providers
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Nursing Homes / Memory care units
- Geriatric clinics / Neurologists / Elder Psychiatrists / Podiatrists / etc (see above)
- Support Groups
All meetings generate a report that includes which decisions the family needs to address and some suggestions to start them off, appropriate Decision Guides and a plan unique to that family's circumstances. Electronic (PDF) files are free, but hardcopy files and reports will have a charge to offset my expenses (depends on number of pages at $2.00 per page).
You can always email me at Patricia@DementiaCareConsultant.net